1. As a student and basketball player at Northwest University during the 2006-2007 season, Nate played in the NAIA Final Four in Missouri.
2. At one point during that season, he was ranked 3rd in the nation in 3-point shooting percentage.
3. Nate began his coaching career at Northwest Basketball Camps in 2000.
4. He has also coached for The Way to Win Girls AAU program since 2001, where he trained many high school players who went on to play in college and even the WNBA (Courtney Vandersloot and Lindsey Moore).
5. Nate loves working with kids and teaching basketball, especially the ability to shoot correctly. He emphasizes fundamental skills development and encourages athletes to not focus on failure, but to challenge themselves with new things on a consistent basis and be satisfied with the effort they put in.
As the Basketball Coordinator, Nate will be coordinating and coaching the Youth Basketball Academy classes and teams as well as running the men’s basketball leagues. He also teaches private basketball lessons.
Youth Basketball Academy Classes Oct. 28 - Dec. 22
Level 1: Th, 4-4:45 p.m.
Average player age: 5 - 6
The level 1 player has completed at least one session of Super Sports and has 0-1 years of team playing experience.
Level 2: Tu, 4-4:45 p.m.
Average player age: 7 - 8
The level 2 player has 1+ years of team playing experience or has passed the coach's skill assessment.
Skills & Drills: Tu & Th, 4:45-5:45 p.m.
Average player age: 9 - 14
Participants will go through an intense hour-long skill-building workout. Each hour will focus on different specific, essential aspects of the game. Register online or call 425-688-3177.