Focusing on healthy eating strategies is more important than trends or fads when it comes to losing weight. Developing healthy habits will help your physique.
- Eat an early dinner: or at least stop eating three hours before you go to bed. Researchers at Northwestern University found that adults who regularly ate after 8 p.m. ingested the most calories and had the most body fat.
- Reward yourself: establish a reward system once you have a healthy routine. If you reward yourself with a small dessert everyday will prevent you from breaking down and binge-eating. But only reward yourself if you deserve it!
- Eat breakfast: jumpstart you metabolism and prevent yourself from over indulging throughout the day by eating a nutritious breakfast. Eggs with fruit and whole-wheat toast is a great option because it has a healthy balance of fiber and protein.
- Drink water: researchers from Virginia Tech found that people who drank 2 glasses of water before each meal lost 30% more body fat over 12 weeks than those who didn't. Also, try replacing those sugar-loaded drinks with water.
- Sleep 6 to 8 hours each night: lack of sleep has been shown to increase appetite, lower willpower and increase cravings for high-calorie foods.
- Skip the "value" meals: ordering a combo meal just gives you more food than you want or need. Resist the temptation and go with a modestly sized burger or other menu item to save cash and calories.
- Laugh: depending on your body size and intensity of your laughter, it's possible to lose 10 to 40 calories just by laughing for 15 minutes each day!
- Walk after meals: walking after a meal can help you lose calories as well as lower your blood sugar and prevent your body from storing fat.
- Take the stairs: it's easier to maintain your weight when you move more throughout the day.
- Avoid dinner distractions: pay attention to the meal you are eating so that your brain can register that you are full and satisfied.
Click here for more ideas!