With an endless variety of running shoes, finding the perfect pair can be challenging and overwhelming. Your shoes can make or break your workout, so make sure you can find a pair that will comfortably last the many miles you have ahead of you. Here are five things you should ignore when searching for a new pair:
- Color: don't just buy a pair of running shoes based on the color. Make sure they have other features that you want in a shoe such as a good fit, comfort and a design that fits your running style.
- Price: no need to go overboard, but having a flexible budget when shopping for the perfect shoe will allow you to try on a variety of brands and styles. It is helpful to go to a running specialty store so you can try on tons of pairs.
- Brand: focus on the feel, not the brand. It's easy to find a brand you like and stick with it, but if you step out of your shoe brand comfort zone you might find a pair you like even more.
- Style: just because they look good doesn't mean they feel good. Make sure you don't buy a pair of running shoes based on the latest fads.
- Celebrity Affiliation: if you see your favorite celebrity endorsing a certain shoe, it doesn't mean that it will work for you. Give it a try, but don't let that be the determining factor in purchasing a shoe.
See more here.