The holidays are almost here! Hopefully you've already braved the crowds at the mall or done some online shopping for your friends and family. Now it's time to wrap those gifts to give them to your loved ones or to put under the Christmas tree. Here are some creative ideas for wrapping gifts this year:
• Repurpose the sheet music of your favorite holiday tunes, such as "Jingle Bells." Enlarge the sheet music on a copier and print it onto thick paper. Add a satin bow and some jingle bells to complete the package.
• Items that you already have around the house, such as leftover wallpaper or an unused calendar or map can also be used to wrap gifts.
• For a one-of-a-kind gift, wrap the item in plain paper and then have your children decorate it with drawings and special messages.
• Create a collage of photos on the computer and print it onto white paper, then use it to wrap your gift.
• If the gift fits in an ordinary mailing tube, you can decorate it to look like a candy cane! If it's not already white, cover it with white paper. Then cut a piece of ribbon twice as long as the tube and coat one side of it with a glue stick. Place the end of the ribbon on the top of the tube and slowly turn the tube so that the ribbon continues to wrap around it.
• An easy, inexpensive way to add a personal touch is to use the recipient's favorite section of the newspaper as gift wrap.